Five reasons to have your eyes examined
1. You only have one pair of eyes – once lost, your eyesight may never be regained.
2. Eyes don’t always hurt if there is something wrong.
3. An eye exam can detect early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions such as glaucoma, diabetic eye disease or macular degeneration. The earlier the problem is detected the greater chance of success with treatment. Eye exams can also detect a number of other underlying health problems such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes.
4. Good vision offers a better quality of live, it allows for safer work and play. For young people, good eyesight is vital for learning. An eye exam will detect problems in sight that may be affecting school performance. Failing eye sight can be taken for granted as people get older; remedying it can significantly improve the quality of life. Poor eyesight is also dangerous and it is important to ensure you are legal to drive and safe to operate vehicles.
5. Unless otherwise advised you should have an eye exam annually. I t may be necessary to have exams more frequently depending on your age and / or medical history.